Dental Implants – Oklahoma City, OK
Restoring Your Smile From the Root Up
Without a complete set of healthy teeth, eating, speaking, and smiling isn’t easy. Aside from the functional problems, missing teeth negatively affect image and confidence. You do not have to live with an incomplete smile. Take charge of the situation and improve your quality of life today! Talk with Dr. Holman about dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
When choosing which method you wish to pursue to replace your missing teeth, it can be difficult because of the many available options. Living life with missing teeth no longer has to be a normalcy. From fixed bridges to dentures to dental implants, there’s a restorative solution for everyone. Whether you’re replacing one, multiple, or all your teeth, there’s really only one solution that can restore your smile from the root up, and that is dental implants.
Apart from its versatility in being able to replace more than just a single tooth, some of the additional benefits of dental implants include:
- Full tooth restoration – When missing teeth are left untreated, the hole that is left can lead to bone and additional tooth loss. As your bone deteriorates, it can cause changes in your facial appearance (facial sagging), teeth to shift, and make you more vulnerable to gum disease. Dental implants act as the root of your tooth, stimulating the bone to keep it strong, so it can support the custom restoration on top.
- Longer-lasting solution – If the idea of replacing your restorations every few years sounds like a hassle, you’ll be happy to know that dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
- Increased confidence – Missing teeth can make it difficult to want to smile. Dental implants restore your smile and give you the confidence you need to smile, speak, and eat without worry or embarrassment.
- Natural teeth go untouched – Unlike a fixed bridge that requires healthy teeth to live on either side of the gap, which are then affixed with crowns to serve as anchors, dental implant placement requires no altering of your natural, healthy teeth.
- Natural functioning: Not only do their look and feel natural, but you’ll have normal function in your tooth, making it easy to eat the foods you love.
Indications for Dental Implants
As we mentioned before, dental implants are extremely versatile. Missing one tooth? Not a problem? Missing multiple or all your teeth? We’ve got you covered.
Missing One Tooth
By surgically placing a single dental implant into your jawbone, you won’t be able to tell the difference between your natural teeth and your artificial one. Once the implant is positioned correctly, you’ll spend a few months healing and allowing a process called osseointegration to occur. This fuses the implant to the bone. Once you’ve fully healed, you’ll return to have an abutment placed and then the customized crown. Your custom-made restoration will be matched to the color, size, and shape of your natural tooth, so you’ll leave with a perfectly blended smile.
Missing Multiple Teeth
If you have multiple, consecutive missing teeth, your dentist might suggest a bridge. By placing implants on either side of the gap, this keeps your natural teeth from being altered, provides stimulation to the bone, and fills in the gaps left by the missing teeth.
Missing All Your Teeth
An implant-secured denture is a great alternative to traditional dentures because they won’t accidentally slip or fall out. Depending on the level of bone density you have, Dr. Holman can place several implants on an arch to serve as the foundation that will hold up your custom-made denture. If there isn’t enough bone support, it may be necessary that you have a bone graft prior to receiving dental implants.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Unfortunately, there is a one-size-fits-all approach to pricing dental implants. Each patient and treatment plan are different, which means several factors must come into play to determine how much it will cost. Some of these factors include:
- The number of implants placed
- The materials used
- Pre-implant dental work
The only way to receive a detailed explanation of cost is by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Holman. He will not only provide you with an estimated price, but he will discuss the process and procedure for dental implants, as well as discuss how many you will need in order to help you achieve your desired results.
Reserve Your Appointment Today
Located in Oklahoma City, Dental Expressions provides comprehensive family dental care for patients from OKC, Moore, Norman, Midwest City, and surrounding communities. Call us today at 405-735-6600 to schedule your checkup, consultation, or second-opinion visit. Dr. Colin Holman and our team look forward to getting to know you and your smile.