Emergency Dentistry – Oklahoma City, OK
We’re Here When You Need Us
You never know when a dental emergency will occur. As a result, you may feel panicked when faced with a sudden injury. Fortunately, our dentists are here to deliver timely treatment when you need it most.
Why Choose Dental Expressions for Emergency Dentistry?
- Caring Dental Team Who Will Remain by Your Side
- Experienced Emergency Dentists
- Sedation Dentistry Available
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
- Call to schedule an appointment – You will first need to call our dentist’s office to schedule an emergency appointment. A member of our team will determine the severity of your issue to identify if you need to come in on the same day. No matter the decision, you will also receive helpful tips to manage the pain and prevent further harm.
- Undergo a complete examination – When meeting with one of our dentists, you will undergo a thorough examination using diagnostic imaging and a visual evaluation. This will allow us to pinpoint the underlying cause of the problem.
- Review findings – After reviewing our findings, we will formulate a personalized treatment plan that details how we plan to address the issue and restore your smile.
- Treat the problem – We’ll quickly get to work to eliminate any pain you may be experiencing as well as fix the damage caused to your teeth and/or gums. We’ll quickly get to work to eliminate any pain you may be experiencing as well as fix the damage caused to your teeth and/or gums.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Not all dental emergencies are easily identifiable. Some may appear worse than they are, while others may not be as serious as you might think. Below is a list of common injuries our dentists treat and what you can do should you find yourself experiencing such symptoms.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Attempting to understand how much you can expect to spend on your dental emergency simply isn’t possible without an appointment. Only when our dentists can examine your case and determine the underlying issue can we provide a thorough estimate that details the expected cost. Every person is different, so the restorative services provided will vary in price. Fortunately, most dental insurance companies offer coverage for one emergency exam each year as well as provide 50-80% coverage for any restorative care needed.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
Not all dental emergencies are preventable, but you can take proactive steps to minimize your risk. Whether it is by seeking professional help the minute you notice a problem or keeping your regular dental checkups and cleanings every six months, you can approach your oral healthcare in such a way that the potential for injuries is significantly reduced. You can also eat healthier foods, wear a mouthguard while asleep or while playing sports, give up bad habits such as smoking and nail-biting, and avoid using your teeth as tools when opening packages and containers.